[PD] GEM: pix_film terribly slow in Ubuntu
IOhannes m zmoelnig
zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Aug 18 10:58:20 CEST 2010
On 2010-08-17 23:24, matteo sisti sette wrote:
> Is there anything more I can try to find out what's wrong? I'm a bit
i tried to reproduce the problem and can confirm it (even with gmerlin
i reported the problem upstream to the gmerlin developers, and we found
out that the h.264 file we used was weird: while it reported a constant
framerate, in reality the framerate was slightly variable (slightly
being in the permille range), which was enough to let the frame accurate
seeking go havoc.
Gem uses frame accurate seeking even for "auto 1", where it simply seeks
to the next frame.
other applications don't have this problem, as they just play the "next
frame" (without seeking).
i hope that this get's fixed in gmerlin-avdecoder asap.
however, i'm not so confident about libquicktime (while both
libquicktime and gmerlin-avdecoder have the same upstream author, he
basically only supports gmerlin-avdecoder and lets the "community" fix
things in libquicktime)
if you need a quick fix and don't care about frame-accurate seeking at
all (including resetting to 0 so that you can loop) and are not afraid
of compiling things yourself, you could simply hack the
right at the beginning of the changeImage() function (around line 155)
add a line "return FILM_ERROR_SUCCESS;", and recompile Gem.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3636 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the Pd-list