[PD] GEM: pix_film terribly slow in Ubuntu

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 18 18:23:56 CEST 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> I'm afraid it will have to be Windows, as I remember GEM performing 5-6
> times worse on Mac than on Windows (reading and rendering video files
> i.e. using pix_film) and not only with h264.............

does it also happen when not reading and writing video ? I mean, make a
patch that does a lot of pix processing on top of a [pix_image] and then
just displays that with a single [pix_texture] or [pix_draw]. Is that kind
of thing slower on OSX than on Windows and/or Linux ?

I ask because I wonder whether it can be linked with a problem I know
about on OSX...