[PD] openCV face detection performance Was: make me

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Thu Aug 19 13:43:55 CEST 2010

While I was checking out a Canon EOS 5D automatic face detection and focus, I wondered why this camera can do so effortless and the OpenCV on a Mac 8 core machine uses one Processor with 250% for that. When changing to greyscale colorspace and reducing the resolution to a quarter of PAL one get under 100% but it still still seems like a lot. Any Ideas why that could be?

m.