[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.43 test 2 (first 'real' test version) released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Aug 20 00:30:04 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 14:08 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
> > Instead of counting files, perhaps you should read the code and comment
> > on that.  Or even try running it! ;-)
>
> I'm not counting files. I'm reading the code, and even diffing the code,
> and the difference is about 2% of the C code of the server.
>
> For the client, it's more complicated to tell the difference, because it's
> been split into smaller files, and namespaces have been added, but when
> opening random tcl files from that folder, I do recognise most of the
> lines as being quite exactly the same that I once all read over 6 years
> ago.

That should not come as a surprise since that was a clearly stated goal
of this phase of the GUI rewrite.  The idea is to first rewrite the Tcl
side, touching as little of the C code as possible.  The Tcl side was
rewritten from scratch, with lots of borrowing, where it made sense.

In other words, one step at a time. :)