[PD] Pd-extended 0.42.5 release candidate 5 released!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Aug 20 03:29:22 CEST 2010

Ok, I think this is the one! Unless someone finds a critical bug, this
version should be the final release.  That means test all of your
patches, especially GOP GUIs.  We've fixed a number of bugs related to
GOP, so it should be much more stable. Also included are a couple
PiDiP fixes.

There are of course many bug fixes and additions since 0.41.4, here
are some highlights:

* fixing Graph-On-Parent GUI bugs
* complete 64-bit support for GNU/Linux
* full support for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (32-bit)
* a brand new Help Browser that shows all installed libraries

For more details, check the notes on the release wiki page:
http://puredata.info/dev/NextRelease

Downloading
-----------

You can download builds for Debian, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, and Windows:
http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html

You can get the source and build it yourself here:
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdExtended

BUGS
--------

Test away and file bugs in the bug tracker! Also check the bug tracker
before reporting bugs, and if you find an existing bug report on the
same issue, please add your information there:

http://puredata.info/dev/bugtracker

(you can also find the bug tracker on the Help menu, under "report bug")