[PD] Font weirdness with 0.43test

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Aug 20 18:44:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

attached screenshot shows a comparison of the font, I use with Pd on
Debian Squeeze: FreeMono. I start Pd with "-font-face FreeMono", no size
or weight options.

My patches usually use size 10 as default, this also is used on the
screenshot. It seems that 0.43 scales the font to be one step too small.
0.42 has about the same size as the GVim I also show as comparison.

Is this expected behaviour or amy I doing something wrong?

I can fix the size difference by adding "-font-size 12" to the startup
options or probably by some tcl hacking, but actually I was hoping, that
the GUI reqrite would finally allow me to avoid using startup options
for basic GUI configuration and behave more like normal software.

Ciao
--
Frank