[PD] Window placement weirdness with 0.43test2

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Aug 21 10:28:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

now this weirdness is very weird: My window manager (openbox 3.4.11.1-1)
places the windows of 0.43test2 in a completely different way than with
previous versions of Pd, and unfortunatly in a vey unusable way. Plain
"File->New" windows or [pd]-subpatch canvas windows are placed with the
upper left screen corner at about (0,10) pixels into a patch's canvas,
so that the full menu and a row of about 10 pixels of the patching area
are outside the screen. This of course is very annoying.

But the other favourite new window position of 0.43 is even more
annoying: Sometimes, files or subpatches get opened with the top-left
corner at screen-position 1280x650, which on my 1366x768 screen size
makes most of the patch lie outside the screen.

Windows of prior versions like 0.42 or of other apps like Gimp get
placed properly.

Ciao
--
Frank