[PD] Loading Gem's abstractions

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Aug 21 17:23:15 CEST 2010

On 08/21/2010 03:20 PM, Miha Tomšič wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am using pd 0.42-5 on Linux and yesterday I compiled Gem 0.92-3. I
> am very happy with new Gem, but I have some minor problems with
>
> When loading gem/examples/02.advanced/12.Hsv.pd the abstraction
> objects [hsv2rgb] and [rgb2hsv] don't get loaded.
> I can get the objects created using [Gem/hsv2rgb] and [Gem/rgb2hsv],
> but it's not the optimal solution because some of the Gem's
> abstractions include other abstractions from that dir and I would have
> to change all those abstractions.
> The other solution is adding /usr/local/lib/pd/extras/Gem to the -path
> directive.

that's the proposed solution for now.

the future solution is to automatically add the path (if possible).
this is currently disabled in 0.92 (and the autoconf test fails...)

since you are compiling anyhow, you can easily enable:
after configure, edit the generated Base/configLinux.h (with Gem>=0.93:
Base/config.), by simply making sure that the HAVE_S_STUFF_H macro is
defined to 1 near the end of the file.
then recompile Gem.
it should now automatically find all the abstractions.

mfarsd
IOhannes