[PD] [ot] sueing the mailing list...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Aug 23 17:13:48 CEST 2010

On Aug 23, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Charles Henry wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:49 AM, IEM - network operating center
> (IOhannes m zmoelnig) <noc at iem.at> wrote:
>
>> what do you think of all this?
>>

>> fgmasdr
>> IOhannes
>
> The best thing to do would not be to waste too much time on it.  Maybe
> this is an unfair generalization, but an admin's work involves
> unreasonable/stupid requests on a daily basis.  Maybe this one is
> exemplary, but it belongs in the same file with the rest, and a token
> reply:
> "Here ya go, jerk.  It's done."

I would say a polite, "sorry you have been inconvenienced, it is a
public archive and therefore we have a responsibility to the public to
keep the archive intact as it is."  As far as I know, we haven't
removed things or changed things in the archive (even to fix links
like pure-data.org).  We shouldn't start now for this lame excuse.

In the US, he would have zero grounds to sue, but could file a suit.
But filing a suit is a lot of work to do, so it rarely happens.