[PD] Res: Res: dislocated cursor on comments

Eduardo Patricio epatricio at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 18:35:56 CEST 2010

Choose to use it or not is definitely interesting.

_____________________________________
Eduardo Patrício

________________________________
De: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
Para: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
Cc: Eduardo Patricio <epatricio at yahoo.com>; pd-list <pd-list at iem.at>
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 23 de Agosto de 2010 12:27:41
Assunto: Re: [PD] Res:  dislocated cursor on comments

On Aug 22, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Eduardo Patricio wrote:
>
>> Yep. GridFlow is loaded.
>
> Would you prefer it if I made it optional ?
>
> For example, in next version, I'd say «If you don't want the UTF-8 hack, you go
>in the gridflow folder, and look for a file named gridflow-utf-8-hack, and if
>you don't want it to be loaded, you rename it or move it or delete it.
>
> Would that be better ?
>
> (I will only remove that hack completely, just after a pd-extended labelled
>«stable» has better UTF-8 support than that).

UTF-8 is definitely useful, no one is arguing that.  The problem is the way you
are shipping it.  A much more useful way IMHO is to make it a separate library
so that people who need it can load it, and those who don't need it don't even
have to think about it.  The way this is currently set up, people who don't want
it at all have to think about it.

This is one thing I have learned in the years of doing Pd-extended.  And that's
why I'm focusing now on making each library as standalone as possible, and make
it possible for people to install libraries.

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own government."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.