[PD] Problems with "pool" object

João Martins joaomartins at mac.com
Tue Aug 24 19:16:13 CEST 2010

Hi Cristiano,

I'm using precisely the "pool" object compiled by Thomas Grill and pd-ext
0.42.5-rc5 available at autobuild.
I'm getting pd freezing just opening the help patch of pool, clicking one of
the toggles and trying to close it. If you can get that done, you're better
off than me.
The really important thing for me would be to get JY Gratius fid_abs to work
(they relly on "pool" and freeze my Pd also.
I'm sending you the abstraction. Can you test any of the examples and see if
it works?
You can check the examples on docs/FR/
Here, even the simpler examples freeze Pd. In fact, invoking a fid_class  or
fid_get object inside a patch will freeze Pd.

If it works on your machine, pelase let me know, so I can start looking at
different things, such as specific processor issues and stuff...

Can you confirm what are the releases you're using of pd-extended and Gem,
and what processor you're working with?

I'm trying all of this in an Intel Atom machine: Acer Aspire Revo.

Thank you very much.

João Martins

No dia 24 de Agosto de 2010 14:40, cristiano figueiró