[PD] laptop for pd/gem

pierre pierre at 314r.net
Sat Aug 28 13:27:47 CEST 2010

Le 27 août 2010 à 18:40, cyrille henry a écrit :

> hello,
>
> the driver that cause problem was online for 1 week, and there was huge announce that you should not use it.

that's right,
I just posted this short story to point that a driver can (sometimes) cause big troubles

> i had a A8JS, and then a N80 (both was almost the same computer, but with everything upgraded. i can use both battery in the same laptop by example).
> i think the N81 is also almost the same, updated computer.
> asus are the only one to provide 14 inch laptop with "good" gpu.
>
> for now, i think nvidia still provide better driver than ati, but things slowly improve on ati.
>
> cyrille

Thanks all for your feedback, I just ordered a dell vostro 3700
good specs, (1600x900 pix, nvidia 330m, i5, hdd 7200rpm, retro light keyboard...) for a 'not so high' price
And this computer don't use nvidia optimus (*), so I can use integrated intel graphic or nvidia, just have to uncheck an option in the bios.

(*) http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144750

p.