[PD] multiblob without luminosity

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Aug 28 19:55:20 CEST 2010

On 08/28/2010 07:07 AM, ronni montoya wrote:
> Hello pd list. I would like to know if its possible or if there is a
> way to have something like the pix_multiblob object but not based on
> luminosity but instead on background substraction.
> I been seen that with opencv it is possible to track blobs based on
> backgound substraction instead of luminosity. How can i achieve this
> in puredata?

[pix_multiblob] actually has nothing to do with "luminosity".
it internally uses a single-channel image.
if you pass it an RGB image. it will convert to the single-channel image
based on luminosity.
if you pass it a grey-scale image, it will simply accept that as the input.

it doesn't care about the semantics.

so you only have to create a single channel (aka greyscale) image that
"is" what you need (e.g. difference between a background image and the
current frame), then you can feed that to the object and be happy.

fgm,asdr
IOhannes