[PD] openpanel crash

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Aug 28 22:57:54 CEST 2010

thanks for the reminder... I still have no way to reproduce this one,
but I saw something to 'improve' in... if you're feeling proactive, try
replacing the pdtk_openpanel and pdtk_savepanel routines in
tcl/wheredoesthisgo.tcl with...

proc pdtk_openpanel {target localdir} {
    if {! [file isdirectory $localdir]} {
        if { ! [file isdirectory $::fileopendir]} {
            set ::fileopendir $::env(HOME)
        }
        set localdir $::fileopendir
    }
    set filename [tk_getOpenFile -initialdir $localdir]
    if {$filename ne ""} {
        set ::fileopendir [file dirname $filename]
        pdsend "$target callback [enquote_path $filename]"
    }
}

proc pdtk_savepanel {target localdir} {
    if {! [file isdirectory $localdir]} {
        if { ! [file isdirectory $::filenewdir]} {
            set ::filenewdir $::env(HOME)
        }
        set localdir $::filenewdir
    }
    set filename [tk_getSaveFile -initialdir $localdir]
    if {$filename ne ""} {
        pdsend "$target callback [enquote_path $filename]"
    }
}

(no recompilation needed) and see if that helps.

cheers