[PD] openpanel crash

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Aug 29 16:42:56 CEST 2010

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, Miller Puckette wrote:

> Cool... I'm not sure how to run mac Apps 'remotely' (-NXHost worked 20
> years ago but seems to be no longer :)  so the path of least resistance
> for me is still likely to be to stalk a machine at UCSD.

Use VNC. I suppose that it's much less efficient than NXHost was (?) but
it can do the job, especially if you can use the compression option with
it (but I had to try a few clients before finding one that would compress
the stream). Even then, it can still suck a _lot_ of bandwidth, so, on a
medium speed connection, compression is quite necessary (and still too
slow for some uses).