[PD] Maximum playback/capture with jack

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 30 09:51:25 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-29 11:58, Christoph Kuhr wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a problem using jack audio...
>
> I want puredata to register 48channels of capture and 8 of playback.
> But i get only 18channels running.
> Else pd says:
> "error: JACK: unable to connect to JACK server
> JACK: jack returned status 17
> error: JACK error: cannot deliver port registration request
> error:JACK: can only register 18 input ports (instead of requested 48)"
>
> Is pd limited to 26 channels IO?

depends on which version of Pd you are using (which you happen to have
properly concealed from us).
older versions of Pd had an insanely low number of maximum jackports
(though i'm pretty sure it was a power-of-two, and not a number like
"18" or "26")

anyhow, with recent Pd versions i have been able to use Pd fully
connected to a MADI-card, so at least 64 channels IO.

fgmasdr
IOhannes