[PD] live pd patch mixed with Gem or pdp?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 31 09:29:40 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-31 07:32, John Harrison wrote:

> although modprobe v4l2loopback seems to work, Iohannes's incantation to
> launch the pipeline returns: WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element
> "v4l2loopback"

you did download compile and install the gst-v4l2loopback?

per default (with the configure as invoked by ./autogen.sh), it should
install as "~/.gstreamer-0.10/plugins/libv4l2loopback.so", which should
be in your search patch as well (unless of course you run as a different
user as you did the installation)

> also /dev/video3 becomes available when I modprobe v4l2loopback but
> nothing can seem to access it --- invalid argument errors.

and of course you have to set the device=/dev/video3 as property of the
v4l2loopback gst-element.

fgamdrs
IOhannes