[PD] plug-in gnomevfssrc working with gstreamer [pdgst] is not recognised

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 31 09:35:05 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-30 21:27, Jack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get stream from an icecast server and want to use
> [gnomevfssrc].
> I have installed 'gstreamer0.10-plugins-base' via Synaptic.
> [gnomevfssrc] from gstreamer0.10-plugins-base can't be created. However,
> I can create [adder] and others from gstreamer0.10-plugins-base.
> Any clue about this problem ? I have missed something ?

i'm sure that [gnomevfssrc] did work, so something is going wrong...

#1 make sure "gnomevfssrc" is installed (on debian it is in the
gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs package, not in plugins-base); test with
$ gst-inspect gnomevfssrc

#2 make sure you don't have any typos

#3 report errors; run Pd with "-verbose -verbose"; raise the gst
debug-level by setting the environment variable GST_DEBUG to something
ike 3 or more.

anyhow, i strongly suspect that you are missing #1.

fgmasrd
IOhannes