[PD] MIDI question: 2 novation launchpads at the same time on PD

Martin Schied crinimal at gmx.net
Wed Sep 1 13:58:39 CEST 2010

If you plug them in together they will appear as 2 separate midi
devices, each using its own 16 midi channels from 1 to 16. If you set up
pd to use these 2 midi interfaces you will have channels 1 to 16 for the
first device and channel 17 to 32 for the second one. You can do your
merging inside pd then or if you favor to do so use software outside pd.

cheers,
Martin