[PD] GEM Shear / angle relationship - sinusoidal error

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 01:06:07 CEST 2010

Yes, that's what I meant to say. Radians is only for the [tan], but it's quite
useful elsewhere.
I have been feeling guilty all day, for the archives being wrong-headed :) from
me.

I have a nice trig patch now :) maybe I should submit a good trig patch to GEM
documentation. Perhaps we could help - since many artists struggle with this (my
math teacher at school was really intimidating!)

But, I have noticed a sinusoidal error with the graphics in my patch. So, here
is the real thing!

It's my notation system. I was trying to keep it a secret until it is entirely
ready, but open source projects demand open-source solutions, so here's the
current prototype. Notice that when you move the second note up and down, there
is a sinusoidal error in the [shearYX] -ed half-beam sheared rectangles. Is
there any way to calculate this and compensate for it? I must have missed
something...

...Classical players can be quite particular about such issues! I want it to
look good.

PS - For the Brazilians I showed this to, I love you and will deliver this soon.

Ed
 Metastudio 3 for Pure Data - Free download at:
http://sharktracks.co.uk/puredata