[PD] [PD-announce] soundhack pd & max externals

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Thu Sep 2 17:20:12 CEST 2010

TY Tom

pp

-----Original Message-----
From: pd-list-bounces at iem.at [mailto:pd-list-bounces at iem.at] On Behalf Of Tom Erbe
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 10:42 AM
To: pd-list List
Subject: Re: [PD] [PD-announce] soundhack pd & max externals

its still in beta stage... once it is solid and stable we will look at full docs. in the meantime, you can check out the spectral shapers documentation for info on morphfilter. it is identical to the plugin.

http://www.soundhack.com/shapers.php

chebyshev simply brings up the various chebyshev polynomials as waveshapers - giving you different flavors of harmonic distortion. put a osc~>*~ into it and play with the faders, also play with the level of osc~. very handy if you want to cut through a mix :-)

On Sep 2, 2010, at 6:59 AM, Pierre Massat wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for making this available, i think i'm gonna love these externals. I was wondering whether there is any documentation about these patches. I am a little confused with two objects, the chebishev distortion (i don't really know how to use the sliders, that is i'm not able to predict what the sound will be if i move a slider) and the morphfilter (what is interesting to feed the two tables with? the spectrum of two different sounds? it doesn't sound particularly interesting if i drawn something. I guess that's one of the reasons it reads that it's complex external...).
>
> Thanks again anyway!
>
> Pierre
>
> 2010/9/1 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 10:07 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 07:44:57PM -0700, Tom Erbe wrote:
>>> We have just released the first complete version of the SoundHack
>>> externals for PD & Max.
>>> This package is available (free) at http://www.soundhack.com/externs.php
>>
>> Thanks for making these avaiable. Am I right in assuming that this is
>> "free as in beer" or can we expect the source code as well?
>>
>> Ciao
>
> Fun stuff!  I hope the source will also be available so we can make
> Android/iPhone builds, etc.
>
> I notice that on the site, it says "drop into pd/extra".  But since
> Miller included my patch in 0.43 with the standardized user-install
> locations, I think most users will want to do it like this:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files-with-pd-extended
>

> .hc

/> tom erbe | soundhack | 608 carla way  la jolla, ca  92037
/>  tre at soundhack dot com | http://www.soundhack.com
/> http://music.ucsd.edu/~tre | http://www.facebook.com/soundhack