[PD] Inlet Data types

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Sep 5 19:03:22 CEST 2010

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010, Leandro da Mota Damasceno wrote:

> Oh my god. So obvious that I couldn't see it... Damn! I guess it all
> depends on how the things are taught to you,,, The help file doesn't
> make that clear

bang is the same as an empty list, and appending or prepending to an empty
list makes no change (except waste time making a copy the list without
need for it).

I think that if everything was made that much explicit, the help files
might become too large... every pd user ought to become used to a little
more guessing and reasoning. and that's, for example, how things can
differ from one teacher to another. It depends what is being documented,
too. Maybe in the case of [list], a little extra sentence is the occasion
to save a lot of time with very little effort, or maybe a big paragraph is
the occasion to teach about guessing and reasoning, so that people can
save even more time.