[PD] GEM Shear / angle relationship - sinusoidal error

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Sep 5 19:27:10 CEST 2010

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010, Ed Kelly wrote:

> But, I have noticed a sinusoidal error with the graphics in my patch.
> So, here is the real thing!

1. [abs] just before [pow 2] is completely useless.

2. using pow(opposite/hypotenuse,2) as an angle to [tan] doesn't make any
    sense whatsoever.

3. what you need there is just opposite/adjacent, no square, no tan.
    the opposite/adjacent is already the tangent of an angle, and you don't
    need make that angle explicit at all.

4. even if you just compute that ratio with [/] and [swap], there is still
    a sign error in half of the cases (do you know how to fix this ?).

5. why do you need to shear two rectangles, instead of shearing a single,
    longer one ?