[PD] sonyfing chaotic functions

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Sep 5 22:42:32 CEST 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, ronni montoya wrote:

> But not mapping the values from the functions into sound parameters, but
> instead using the resulting values for generating waveforms.

What's the difference ?... I don't get the difference. What's a « sound
parameter » ?

> Do anybody have tried something like this in pd? Maybe theres some
> example patches i could begin studying?

I put a small subpatch that does this, inside of examples/spectrogram.pd
in recent versions of GridFlow.

So many different functions behave chaotically, if you put them in a
feedback loop. With delwrite~/delread~, for example, you can make chaotic
signals in various ways, and unlike what you seem to imply, the
chaoticness can come from the signal itself, and not from outside of the
signal.