[PD] Font weirdness with 0.43test

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Sep 5 23:16:45 CEST 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2010, at 12:34 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, the IEMGUI font size issues are still very present.  I think the
>>> best way forward is to write a new GUI lib, the IEMGUI code is really hard
>>> to follow and/or modify.
>>
>> Come on. It only has with the use of the -%d in the sys_vgui calls,
>> whereever the "fs" variable appears. We introduced that to fix a certain
>> problem about sizes, but for some reason, it didn't produce the result we
>> expected (the use of pixel sizes). It will be a small fix like this, by
>> search-and-replace in a few files or so.
>
> Please fix it and submit a patch, that would be awesome!

What I mean is that the part of changing the IEMGUI code is simple. What I
don't know, is what needs to be done so that -%d gets replaced by
something that is considered cross-platform in Tk.

The fudge factor I used is the same value as the [tk scaling] value I have
on my computer, which is 1.332... ; but the font sizes I use are not big
enough to make sure that it's the right constant to use.