[PD] pix_share_ and shared memory

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 6 12:20:59 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-06 12:02, Lupin3rd wrote:
> Hi at all,
> I would to have some additional infos about pix_share_write and
> pix_share_read objects... i would to know what mean "shared memory
> region", is this the video card frame buffer or the RAM?

it refers to "POSIX shared memory objects" or equivalent (thus RAM)

> and what mean the ID field (how many id can i use? how can i calculate
> shared memory dimension and maximum ID?)

ID is an identifier for the shared-memory.
the important thing to know is, that both [pix_share_read] and
[pix_share_write] need to use the same ID, in order to access the same
piece of memory.
i would recommend to use values that are covered by "unsigned short".

ghm,asdr
IOhannes