[PD] gridflow: can't produce grid from pix format 34233 (0x85b9)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 7 00:12:06 CEST 2010

On Mon, 6 Sep 2010, stéfan piat wrote:

> but with osX 10.5.8 I have the following error message in the pd-console
> can't produce grid from pix format 34233 (0x85b9)
> what does this mean ?

There's no easy way to find the name of pix formats automatically, but if
you look for a file named gl.h on your computer, you can find that it
contains 0x85b9 on the same line as it says #define GL_YCBCR_422_APPLE. I
suppose that this is what GEM uses when it's in "YUV mode" on OSX. (YCBCR
is another way to say YUV).

Therefore you need to use [pix_rgba]. (GF doesn't do this automatically.)

I could put a better error message, but I'd rather make it do an
automatic conversion, when I get to address the issue (probably in 9.12).

> on ubuntu it work fine with the same video files (.mov photo-jpeg
> (720x405))

It's normal, as the movie decoders are completely different, so, they
don't necessarily have the same abilities (or at least, not the same
defaults).