[PD] Some questions about Toxy (pd command)

Raphael Raccuia rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com
Wed Sep 8 01:08:48 CEST 2010

Hi list,
I'm trying to control some Tk GUI's with toxy scripts... I understood
some concept, but there's still a lot of darkness...

-I have to get a string out of a [tow . symbol id], in this case content
of the symbol (Tk's 'entry') GUI. I get it with get[]. I took the doc's
example (examples/toxy/listbox-example.pd), but I don't understand this
line (var substituted...):

pd [concat .| _cb set [.- get [.- curselection]]

how to use pd [] ?
what doe's mean _cb?

-Why do we have to use escapes? .( .) .: etc...

-isn't there any consistent documentation? I just found this (unachieved):
http://suita.chopin.edu.pl/~czaja/miXed/externs/toxy.html

-Is the project going on?

Thank's