[PD] ds colors to iem colors

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Sep 11 00:45:21 CEST 2010

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Does anyone have an object chain to convert from the three-digit
> ds colors to iemgui colors?  I tried creating one here, but they are
> visibly off.  Am I doing something wrong?

You can find that in pd/src/g_template.c. It's because, for some unknown
reason, there are not 1000 possible colours, only 729 of them, because the
digit "9" is not in use, so, you have to do [/ 8] instead of [/ 9], and
that is something that goes after a [min 8].

And note that instead of [/ 8] [* 255], to get exactly the same values as
Miller, you'd do [* 32] [min 255], but that's not very visible in
comparison to the first change.

As a shorthand, you can also do it all with :

[#outer / (100 10 1)]

[# % 10]

[# min 8]

[# << 5]