[PD] Pd-extended 0.42.5 release candidate 6 released!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Sep 12 18:03:25 CEST 2010

On Sep 12, 2010, at 4:14 AM, João Pais wrote:

>>> a couple of my abstractions aren't packaged with this
>>> distribution, e.g.
>>> bezier.pd (it's in
>>> https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/abstractions/jmmmp/)
>>> .
>>
>> Yes, once the release process has started, then Pd-extended is
>> built out
>> of a branch in SVN and not trunk.  You can either check in the
>> changes
>> yourself, or tell me what to check in.
>
> you mean there are 2 places where we should submit the code? is
> there a wiki page with the instructions for it?

When making a release, we work out of a branch so that only expected
changes get incorporated into the release.

> I would prefer to do it myself, then I don't have to ask you again
> next time about it :)
>
> João

The current Pd-extended release branch is here:

svn co https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/pd-extended/0.42

There are some basic instructions here, basically you want to do an
SVN merge from trunk into a branch:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingIntoPdextended

some instructions:
http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=webhp&q=svn
+merge+trunk+into+branch&aq=f&aqi=g-c1g-
o1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=ab5cdb1806fef4aa

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs