[PD] Guitar distortion (Chebyshev?)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Sep 13 17:27:23 CEST 2010

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010, Martin Peach wrote:

> The whole universe has exp written all over it in fact...

indeed... radioactive decay... pendulum friction... light transmission in
opaque materials... and even the rate at which I completed the courses of
my math degree.

> Of course, all the hyperbolic trig functions are made from exp, by
> definition. Another use of exp is the sigmoid function used in biology,

The sigmoïd is an hyperbolic trig function, by definition. The way it's
written is either another way to write tanh, or one plus half of tanh.