[PD] pd-extended-0.42.5: problems with gridflow + gem & pdp

Antonio Bonifacio neuromancer85 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 12:36:32 CEST 2010

Hello,
I've just installed Pd-extended 0.42.5 from the Ubuntu Lucid repo at
http://apt.puredata.info/releases, and I've successfully built
gridflow 9.11.
However I have a couple of problems: gridflow objects that bridge with
gem & pdp like #to_pix or #to_pdp do not work. Maybe because there are
no gem or pdp includes in the pd-extended package?
The second problem is related to the missing support for libv4l2 in
the lucid package... In fact I have to use
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so pdextended to make my webcam
work with pd-extended... Could you provide a build with v4l2 support?

Thanks :)
--
“90% of people do not read, out of those who read 90% do not
understand, out of those who understand 90% forget”