[PD] Latency

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Fri Sep 17 17:28:15 CEST 2010

>some people reported good results with FFADO + MOTU on Linux.
Not my MOTU :) I've tried FFADO but thanks for the reminder anyway. The
previous "firmware" MOTUS definitely work on Linux, not Ultralike Mk3 still.
The latest report (very recent) is [1]

[1] Update, 2 September 2010: audio streaming has been demonstrated on some
of these G3 interfaces over the past few months, which means jackd can be
used to get audio into and out of these interfaces under certain conditions
(when testing this please make sure you're using the most recent svn
snapshot available - r1882 or later). There is a report that the Ultralite
Mk3 and the Ultralite hybrid (in firewire mode) are mostly working. The 828
Mk3 streams audio for most combinations of optical port mode settings
(although some are yet to be tested). The Traveler Mk3 streams audio at all
sample rates so long as the optical ports are turned off. Work is continuing
on making the optical port support better on the G3 devices which have
optical ports. ffado-mixer currently does not work with any G3 models. *The
protocol is pretty well understood; I'm hoping to find time soon to start
adding this to ffado.*
*
*
*I wish I could help them, but my know-how is obviously limited within these
scopes, I just hope "adding to FFADO" will arrive soon, till then I'll
manage with H4.*
*
*
*The official status for all mk3 is still:*
**MOTUMOTU "mark 3" devices <http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/1268>Planned

contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes