[PD] Pd-berlin meeting on tuesday || 28 || 28 || 28 || not on 21..

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 17 17:30:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, servando barreiro wrote:

> Mat:  so, how was the pdmtl #6 ? , for sure  when we will have 30 pd
> meetings in Berlin it will be quite different..

I don't remember very much, as pdmtl #6 (six) was nearly six years ago.
There were four presentations and a total of 10 people. The attendance was
thus much smaller than at the meetings #2, #3, #4, but in the end, our
average attendance grew closer to that, with the years.

   http://artengine.ca/pdmtl/6.html

pdmtl #36 (thirty-six) has just happened. We were only seven, which is
below average. But it was fun, and people seemed happy to meet. Low number
of people means that the interactions are easier because with large
numbers, people get shy and don't want to disturb. I think that #36 had
more questions (during or after the presentations).

> btw,  are you recording the meetings?

No. I think that quite a few presentations would just not happen if we
recorded them for posterity (or streamed them worldwide). The most popular
word in our texts is « uhhhhhhh ». ;)

Also, do you speak French ? almost all of the presentations happen in
French (and not in a european dialect).

> I would love to attend them to take ideas for the Berlin meet., Slowly
> or not so slowly, the Berlin meeting will develope. Time is an important
> factor here..

pdmtl originally got a real quick start. our record number of people was
25 at the #3 in march 2004. the problem was in keeping it a large number
over the years because many people come and go and expectations come and
go.