[PD] [PD-announce] NYC Patching Circle this Sunday 9/19, 3-8pm

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Sep 17 20:09:25 CEST 2010

We'll be posting the builds online too, so anyone can try them.  You
could also start a PR patching circle :)

.hc

On Sep 17, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion wrote:

> It's times like these I wish I lived in NY. Crap.
>
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>
> Its that time again, time for a little Pd/Max patching.  We are
> following up on previous Pd/Android work with an 0.1 release.  So
> bring your Android phones and we'll have Pd apps ready for
> installing.  We've tested on the G1, Droid, Nexus One, and Droid
> Incredible, but we are looking for a wide range of devices.  Pd
> should run on any Android phone running Android 1.6 or newer.
>
> Additionally, the libpd that was created for Pd/Android has also
> been ported to OpenFrameworks and Java.  We are now looking for some
> intrepid Processing hackers to get Pd embedded into Processing.
>
> We'll be at NYC Resistor this Sunday from 3-8pm.
>
> http://puredata.info/community/NYCPatchingCircle
>
> We spend enough time alone staring at our computers; we are proposing
> to work together. So often issues that arise when working can be
> solved with a quick two minute discussion that would take hours to
> solve alone. We have Dorkbot to see people's work, we have Share where
> anyone can play, we have workshops and universities to learn from.
> This is a meeting where we all can come to work.
>
> This is an informal gathering of patching and patchers (Pd, Max/MSP/
> Jitter, and even vvvv, Eyesweb, Labview, etc.). Beginners and
> Experienced welcome. Open to everyone, students, the public, etc. Work
> on personal projects, professional projects, school projects, ask for
> help, help others, or just patch quietly to yourself, in a room full
> of
> other people patching patches and helping other people patch.
>
> Every third Sunday of the month, so this Sunday, August 15th!
> 3-8pm (a little later than before)
> Free!
>
> Directions
> ----------
>
> Patching Circle, http://puredata.info/community/NYCPatchingCircle
> NYC Resistor, http://www.nycresistor.com/
> Sunday, Sept 19th, 3-8pm
>
> 87 3rd Avenue, (between Bergen and Dean), 4th Floor
> Brooklyn, NY 11217
> Tel. +1.347.850.4872 or +1.347.586.9270
>
> 2/3/4/5/B/D/Q/N/R to Atlantic/Pacific
> LIRR to Atlantic Terminal
> F/G to Bergen

> --
> www.epicjefferson.com
> www.avmachinists.org Puerto Rico based Art Collective/ Non-Profit Org

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne