[PD] "I'm on unix, I'm much better than windows users!" (was Pd-extended 0.42.5 release candidate 6 released!)

George Ker geokeratz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 13:09:29 CEST 2010

Well, let me be more clear. The last thing I wanted to be is offensive.

 >you advocate to stop maintaining Pd for windows

No I don't. I said clearly: "So, my opinion is to just be more consentrated
on Mac/GNU-Linux support." . Because, I think more people participating in
Pd are in a different OS from windows.

 >By the way, I don't use IE7, I use Opera for 10 years now (which I
configured to acess my accounts >and mails from both windows and ubuntu).

I see you more... agreeing with me for how people should treat the Win OS
(and MacOS of course) than you think.

 >And curiously, at the same time you said GNU-Linux is so great, you moved
out of it to Mac -
 >where you have to pay double the amount for the hardware, and the
 >manufacturer even goes to the trouble of making sure every laptop model
has a different electricity
 >cable, so that you have to spend more money you case you loose it.
 >...At least I don't call mac users a bunch of preformatted hipsters who
stand for hours in line to be the
 >first to buy whatever crap Jobs launches on the market.

Is this "let the battle begin" kind of paragraph?
I allready told that I UNFORTUNATELY moved to Mac because of it's support
for audio producing and left the "strictly GNU-linux user" side of me.
Everyone has his reasons using the OS he has installed, eventually.

>I have a facebook account, which I use to see how other people are doing -
including some of the most advanced pd users present on this list, they post
more on it than I do.

Then you should add me. Nothing against Facebook using, I'm against
Farmville-like invitations.
 http://tinyurl.com/2v8fhps