[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.42.5 released!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Sep 18 18:05:16 CEST 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> but we have rewritten the GUI from scratch for 0.43

Congratulations for doing a lot of rewriting, and I'm sure you put a lot
of effort in this, but it would be better to not overstate it. If you said
that you had rewritten one quarter of the GUI, it wouldn't sound wrong
like it does now.

The GUI also includes all the rest of the dialogues that were not
significantly modified, and all the C code of the patch editor and of
every "widgetbehavior" component (including everything in the Put menu). I
know you want to do it eventually, but that means it's not done now, so,
you haven't rewritten the whole GUI from scratch. (I know that you didn't
say "whole" but people will still assume "whole" by default.)