[PD] 3 or 4 unexpected and unreproducible crashes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Sep 18 21:31:59 CEST 2010

Do you mean Pd-vanilla 0.43 or Pd-extended 0.42.5?  The subject of
your email said Pd-extended, so I changed it.  Any info that will help
us find those bugs is much appreciated.

.hc

On Sep 18, 2010, at 2:37 PM, cyrille henry wrote:

> hello,
>
> i used pd 0.43 a lot for 1 bussy week.
> i had 3 or 4 unexpected and unreproducible crash.
> so i'm back to the last stable release : 0.43 test 2 is not ready
> for production use.
>
> (so i can't test this hack)
> Cyrille
>

> Le 17/09/2010 16:20, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>
>> Could you try adding a symlink and see if it works:
>>
>> cd /usr/lib/pd-extended
>> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/pd
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Sep 17, 2010, at 6:41 AM, Marco Donnarumma wrote:
>>
>>> sorry for late reply, but it's a busy time.
>>> However I tested again with pd-ex 42.5 rc6 compiled on Jaunty and I
>>> get the same behaviour, pd~ does not work.
>>>
>>> pd~-help gives me:
>>>
>>> error: pd~: can't stat /usr/lib/pd-extended/pd
>>>
>>> Am I missing something?
>>>
>>> sad at sad-laptop:~$ whereis pd
>>> pd: /usr/lib/pd
>>>
>>> [pd~ pddir /usr/lib(
>>> error: pd~: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> sad at sad-laptop:~$ whereis pdextended
>>> pdextended: /usr/bin/pdextended /usr/include/pdextended
>>> /usr/share/man/man1/pdextended.1.gz
>>>
>>> [pd~ pddir /usr/bin(
>>> error: pd~: can't stat /usr/bin/pd
>>>
>>> thanks,

>>> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com
>>> <mailto:devel at thesaddj.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    yep, I'll give a try too..

>>>    On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM, cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net
>>>    <mailto:ch at chnry.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>>        ok, i'll try test3
>>>
>>>        Le 31/08/2010 07:43, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>>

>>>            This works for me now.
>>>
>>>            .hc
>>>
>>>            On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 12:03 +0200, cyrille henry wrote:
>>>
>>>                you can use pd~ help file.
>>>                cyrille
>>>

>>>                Le 22/08/2010 00:06, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>>

>>>                    Can you post a test patch?
>>>
>>>                    .hc
>>>
>>>                    On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 21:03 +0100, Marco
>>>                    Donnarumma wrote:
>>>
>>>                        mm, I was going to write about the same
>>> issue.
>>>                        It might be OT, but the same happens here on
>>>                        pd-ext 42.5 rc5 - Ubuntu
>>>                        Jaunty - compiled

>>>                        hello
>>>
>>>                        i've got probleme with pd~
>>>                        when sending a start message, i've got an
>>> error :
>>>                        pd~: can't stat /usr/local/lib/pd/pd
>>>
>>>                        (pd is install somwhere else.)
>>>
>>>                        cheers
>>>                        Cyrille
>>>                        >

>>>                        --
>>>                        Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
>>>                        Independent New Media Arts Professional,
>>>                        Performer, Teacher -
>>>                        Edinburgh, UK
>>>

>>>                        PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
>>>                        LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com |
>>>                        http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
>>>                        http://www.flxer.net
>>>                        EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net

>>>    --
> [...]

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler