[PD] "I'm on unix, I'm much better than windows users!" (was Pd-extended 0.42.5 release candidate 6 released!)

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 19 09:06:50 CEST 2010

> What's the point of advocating a proprietary operating system that
> does not even have good quality software?

can you give examples? I work with Pd, sibelius, reaper, ...

> Other think is: do not talk about price when you talk about free
> software.... That's losing the point. I think free software should be
> of very good quality and people should be encouraged to pay for it if
> they make money of of it, or if they can contribute with something.

I never talked about price about free software, don't know where you got
that. Can you be more precise?

I think all software should be of good quality. When I spend X hours
trying to work with an OS and I get nothing done, that's a criteria for me
to leave that os and go to an other where I can produce something, not
just be solving problems all the time. but that's my decision.

Since you speak of contributing, you can go back read my e-mail. I've
given a donation to Hans for his work on Pd-ext (nothing fancy), and also
bought the hard disk where the windows builds on the compile farm are
stored. Besides that, I've spent lots of time helping with documentation