[PD] Fw: Latency

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 14:27:19 CEST 2010

> Anyway, Ed I'd say check out the FA-66, see if you can borrow one to double
>check that the linux firewire drivers are working, whatever the name for the
>latest firewire audio drivers are.

Well...herein lies my problem.
The computer has no Firewire connection and no PCMCIA slot - so no FA. I have an
FA101 (which nearly torched my set entirely in Sao Paulo with Ubuntu) but the
computer I was using got stolen, and my newest and best comp has no Firewire,
and so it's USB only for me!

Ironically, since I am now using Pure Dyne, the FA101 would probably work, since
the whole system is optimized to run PD/SC/Audio

A friend of mine has the UA-101. I'll see if that works OK with Jack before I
buy anything.

PS has anyone tried one of the Lexicon USB sound interfaces with PD rt linux?

e X