[PD] Re : piezo sensor to pduino object

david lemarechal d_lemarechal at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 20 23:33:43 CEST 2010

Hi

I think the easier way to get info from the piezo is to plug it in a sound card
preamp and then use [peakamp~ ]
Otherwise you should do a bit of electronics to transform the tiny AC voltage of
the piezo output into a DC amplified voltage to match the analog input of
arduino.

You'll have then to use [peakamp~] or something similar in arduino to be sure to
take the highest value in a certain time, rather than take a "snapshot" of the
analog input at the arduino clock frequency (like you would do for a knob)
The electronic part is not so difficult to build, I think you can get the
schematic on the web.
Good luck

David