[PD] Res: comment connection

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 21 07:24:35 CEST 2010

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> matju-- how do your comment inlets work? What are the messages
> accepted, and what do they do?

They accept no messages at all.

Instead, you connect an abstraction to those comments, and there's an
external that will look out of an outlet of your choice and make a list of
all objects at the end of it. In my current usage, the vertical case
([doc_m]) includes only comments, [doc_link] objects, and [doc_same]
objects, but the horizontal case ([doc_also]) includes potentially
anything that has an inlet, because that's how see-also works.

> Give me this info and I'll update the help docs.

Just say that it's a dummy inlet for use by certain abstractions and
externals in order to keep track of a certain set of comments. The rest of
the doc would go in there :

   http://gridflow.ca/help/doc_also-help.html
   http://gridflow.ca/help/doc_m-help.html

but currently, not much is written.