[PD] "I'm on unix, I'm much better than windows users!" (was Pd-extended 0.42.5 release candidate 6 released!)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 21 16:05:04 CEST 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, João Pais wrote:

> (and the most "coherent" is that they always rebel against windows, but
> not against mac, which in these days is more commercial and bigbrothery
> than windows ever was - acording to some comments from friends that use
> mac)

Microsoft has got 90% of the computer market by the balls. They don't
really need any other tricks than that (such as DRM or whatever). For
Apple or any company, it's a lot easier to expand themselves in a place
where Microsoft isn't already. I think that you understand that Microsoft
got its 90% not just by selling quality software, and that you understand
why so many shops absolutely refuse to sell a computer without Windows
even though there's a market for it. Isn't this the most damaging thing
going on every day in the industry ?