[PD] comment connection

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 21 16:12:34 CEST 2010

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Ed Kelly wrote:

> I'm just curious - but also if you could change comments then it means
> you could make help files to give you information about installing etc
> the required externals. Then the helpfile would only come up correctly
> if the whole abstraction was working. I'm interested in this -
> Metastudio uses a lot of externals...

I think that it wouldn't be hard to have comments support the same
self-modification methods that messageboxes do, but I also think that
there is no real incentive yet.

I don't see why you'd absolutely need your auto-generated installation
info to be put in a self-modified comment. Isn't that a detail ? Am I
missing something in your request (such as something to do with GOP) ?