[PD] [readanysf~] refuse 96kbps ogg's!?!

Pedro Oliveira hello at partidoalto.net
Tue Sep 21 16:29:17 CEST 2010

Mp3 files seem to crash Pd this way when they have some ID3 Info. I don't
know exactly what causes this problem but I've solved re-exporting them
without any ID3 tag, specially artwork.

hope it helps.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Raphael Raccuia <
rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
> all in the title... I tried different types (mp3, wav, ogg, at different
> rates and frequencies...) Some didn't passed: "Invalid file or
> unsupported codec".
> The only relation I found on 12 ogg files, the five that didn't passed
> was at 96kbps rate.
> [readanysf~] seems a bit unstable: if I [open a_file( and then "compute
> audio", pd crashes (quit).
> Is it a problem to use four instances of the object in a patch? I'm
> building a multiple player for a performance...
>
> I'm on Ubuntu Lucid, PD-ext 0.42.5 (from repo), last [readanysf~] from
> rdz-ppa (had to move it from pd directory to pd-extended)...
>
> Thank's for your help...

Pedro Oliveira
www.partidoalto.net
soundcloud.com/iburiedpaul