[PD] audio visual pd patch embed in the browser?

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Tue Sep 21 21:06:51 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I know the topic has been discussed a lot and I'm aware of few solutions.
I'm writing to understand whether I miss any other option.
I made this work (
http://marcodonnarumma.com/works/the-invisible-suns-project/ just posted to
the announce list and many thanks to Cyrille and the all list for few
fundamental tips).

It's conceived as a physical installation, but obviously it would make a lot
of sense to have it available on-line.
Basically what the application does is to retrieve data from the web, and
use them to produce audio and video in real time.
I try to outline the options I'm aware of, and I'd be glad if anyone could
add ideas, and/or correct me..

Embedding audio:

_Pd installed on a server, computing audio and streaming through icecast and
similar.
_WebPd looks very promising, but only few objects are available at the
moment and it works only with beta firefox version.

Embedding video:

_Pd installed on a server and PdGst to stream (???) or pdp streaming objects

Have anyone been able to embed an audiovisual patch?

Thanks in advance,
cheers,

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net