[PD] inprogress - framework and single abs to enable dynamic GOP patching

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Wed Sep 22 11:37:48 CEST 2010

Hi all,
there has been few threads about dynamic patching and I wasn't able to show
my work before.
So finally I got it working as I wanted.

- everything happen in run mode, no need to switch
- You can create working GOP abstractions chains in different workspaces (4
at the moment) simply clicking the name of the object.
- istances of the same modules (gop objects) in each workspace are totally
independent, but they are aware of each other (i.e. aware of size, index,
position of all the other modules) wherever they are (targeted OSC)
- no matter which size your gop is, the system will realize that by itself
(this work, but the solution is not very elegant, will tell more...)
- Connection, deletion and positioning happen automagically using iemguts
(thanks IOhannes for your work) and an administration abstraction of mine
[abs.creator]
- selection and deletion of a module by clicking on his name name tab and
pressing the keytab shortcut in run mode, no need to switch to edit
- while modifying the chain there are no sound drop outs
- modules are sssad compatible, so you can save presets within all
workspaces

there are still few glitches (you will see in the video) and the look is
awful, but I'm not taking care of the GUI at the moment (I will later on)

This is supposed to be the new framework for my humble
http://cntrl.sourceforge.net, however the most important thing I'd like to
mention is that I'm packing an abstraction called [id.tab] which, once added
to your gop abstractions will make them capable to be loaded within this
framework.

see it here:

http://www.vimeo.com/15175144

I'd really love to hear the list comments, critics and/or advice about it, I
know there are people out there who were interested in this kind of
approach, and it would be great to hear from you.
Thanks,

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net