[PD] [readanysf~] refuse 96kbps ogg's!?!

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:11:58 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 02:49 +0200, august wrote:
> > Hi list,
> > all in the title... I tried different types (mp3, wav, ogg, at different
> > rates and frequencies...) Some didn't passed: "Invalid file or
> > unsupported codec".
> > The only relation I found on 12 ogg files, the five that didn't passed
> > was at 96kbps rate.
>

> I think it has something to do with the ogg header.  I've passed the
> file on to the gmerlin developer who is usually pretty quick about
> fixing these things.    However, you will need to update your
> gavl/gmerlin_avdecoder libs when he does fix it.
>

> > [readanysf~] seems a bit unstable: if I [open a_file( and then "compute
> > audio", pd crashes (quit).
>
> I just now fixed this bug.  I can't believe nobody saw this before.

Me neither. I was using [readanysf~] quite heavily, but I always started
creating my patches with the [loadbang]-[; pd dsp 1( idiom and never
noticed it.

@August
Do you keep track of what is going on on the gmerlin side of things? If
so, can you let me know, when the bug with the ogg header is fixed, so
that I can put new packages online?

Cheers and thanks for the fixes.

Roman