[PD] unix and (bad) companies.

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Wed Sep 22 13:25:46 CEST 2010

I love linux and ubuntu but the driver support is a bit of an issue. I
recently upgraded my mother's computer to 10.04 and now her Dell V505
all-in-one printer doesn't work. I got no (helpful) response from
emailing Dell.
Secondly on a pd related problem, I am still running 8.04 because the
proprietary ATI driver (no longer maintained) will only run on the old
version of xorg and the open source driver doesn't have 3D support for
Gem...

James

Quoth servando barreiro, on 22/09/10 12:06: