[PD] sssad in pd-extended?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Sep 22 14:57:17 CEST 2010

On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:02 AM, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Mathieu Bouchard
> <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
> It would be great if you could add other libs to that page that are
> not currently included in Pd-extended, things like Gridflow,
> pix_opencv, pdp_opencv, sssad, etc.
>
> What's the difference between "frameworks" and "graphics" ?
>
> What's the criteria for calling something a framework ?

These questions, I don't know the answer to, IOhannes set those up. I
personally think they are gratitious and should be removed.  I think
we should have:

* distributions
* applications (curently stand-alone products)
* libraries and externals (maybe just call it libraries)
* GUI plugins

And drop frameworks and graphics.

> Why is every version of Gem listed separately in the boxes ?

I guess it shows each release if it needs to fill the box.

> Ok, but how can we define which library has to be listed there and
> which not?
>
> for example, Dan has a nice set of objects, could his library be
> listed?
> or we talk about externals only...

All libraries that are ready for release should be listed there,
IMHO.  I don't see a reason to exclude any as long its ready for
people to download and use.

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams